Windows 8 is unfinished at best.
And to save time I’m going to leave my description at that.
I have one small change that would improve the Windows 8 experience in many respects for new and old users alike.
The “Metro Taskbar”.
The taskbar should be redesigned to be an extension of the metro start menu with the same tiles and theme. This would solve many issues users are having with Windows 8. Here is a short list in order of importance:
- It will give Windows 8 the obvious differentiation from Windows 7 it so badly needs
- Integrate the metro start menu into the operating system physically by sliding up from the botton instead of being an out-of-nowhere overlay on top of Windows 7
- The shortcut icons look the same no matter if they are in the metro start menu or metro tastbar giving the user better recognition
- Pin items to task bar via drag and drop from start menu since the taskbar is right there
- Pin live tiles on your taskbar – (Woo hoo more live weather in my face!)
- More touch friendly and desktop friendly
- Adjust the size of your taskbar
What do you think?